summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/doc/forum/Walkthrough_does_not_work_for_me__44___what_am_i_doing_wrong__63__.mdwn
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to 'doc/forum/Walkthrough_does_not_work_for_me__44___what_am_i_doing_wrong__63__.mdwn')
-rw-r--r--doc/forum/Walkthrough_does_not_work_for_me__44___what_am_i_doing_wrong__63__.mdwn16
1 files changed, 16 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/doc/forum/Walkthrough_does_not_work_for_me__44___what_am_i_doing_wrong__63__.mdwn b/doc/forum/Walkthrough_does_not_work_for_me__44___what_am_i_doing_wrong__63__.mdwn
new file mode 100644
index 000000000..c6cb35912
--- /dev/null
+++ b/doc/forum/Walkthrough_does_not_work_for_me__44___what_am_i_doing_wrong__63__.mdwn
@@ -0,0 +1,16 @@
+I'm trying to use git-annex as a dropbox-replacement, but I'm hitting unexpected things although I'm doing exactly what I see in the walkthrough screencast and/or the walkthrough commands. I'm using Ubuntu 13.10, installed git-annex with apt-get. It is version 4.20130815.
+
+1) I launch the webapp and create an ~/annex folder as my initial repo. I copy some small text files in it, I see in webapp that they are added.
+2) I add a new "Removable Storage" repo, in my usb drive. I do not touch any other settings, leave it as is. (ie in transfer group for example). It is successfully added to the repo list and I see sync complete and files synced on the webapp.
+3) When I check the contents of the usb disk annex folder, I see the following, while I was expecting to see the files I synced instead.
+
+emre@emrenb:~$ ls /media/emre/348B-78F0/annex/
+annex branches config description HEAD hooks info objects refs
+
+However, I expect the below which is the content of my ~/annex folder:
+emre@emrenb:~$ ls annex/
+unison-sync.log unison-1.log unison-2.log unison.log
+
+In the walkthrough video, when Joey adds a USB storage, the filenames & thir contents sync to the usb drive. Why doesn't it work for me?
+
+Note that I tried also android app and also the zipped tarball build. Same result, I never see actual files.