summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/doc/forum/The_future_of_Direct_Mode.mdwn
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to 'doc/forum/The_future_of_Direct_Mode.mdwn')
-rw-r--r--doc/forum/The_future_of_Direct_Mode.mdwn2
1 files changed, 1 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/doc/forum/The_future_of_Direct_Mode.mdwn b/doc/forum/The_future_of_Direct_Mode.mdwn
index 0a5bf1172..8c295eb1f 100644
--- a/doc/forum/The_future_of_Direct_Mode.mdwn
+++ b/doc/forum/The_future_of_Direct_Mode.mdwn
@@ -17,7 +17,7 @@ Here is what I learned so far:
- Direct mode seems to work fine on the portable devices, but is now deprecated. It won't work on the V6 repositories.
- - The new V6 repositories allows for the unlocking of files, replacing the link-like files (on Windows filesystems) with the real files, that allows me to browse them on the media player (by path and name). I did not find a way to keep them always unlocked by default, so I guess I would need to unlock them manually. Also, I would be keeping an extra copy of each file, since `annex.thing` won't work. In addition, as I don't expect to be editing any these files (not on these devices, at least), the loss of half the storage capacity is wasteful and undesirable.
+ - The new V6 repositories allows for the unlocking of files, replacing the link-like files (on Windows filesystems) with the real files, that allows me to browse them on the media player (by path and name). I did not find a way to keep them always unlocked by default, so I guess I would need to unlock them manually. Also, I would be keeping an extra copy of each file, since `annex.thin` won't work. In addition, as I don't expect to be editing any these files (not on these devices, at least), the loss of half the storage capacity is wasteful and undesirable.
- Special remotes `directory` and `rsync` do not keep the original structure of the system, and for this reason do not fit for my purposes.