Hi, I'm trying to get my head around groups, wanted, etc. for a particular use case. **Problem:** I can't work out how to get a source(?) repository to automatically drop files when they hit a transfer repository. I have a machine (`Machine 1`) that is used for data acquisition but it is behind a strict firewall (both physical and virtual). I usually physically carry a USB drive over, set up a rsync ssh -> local-USB-drive from the one machine (`Machine 2`) that is able to connect over the network to `Machine 1`. As it is a pain to lug the drive over, I only do this rsync maybe weekly, so the rsync takes many hours (~24) to complete. Then (when I remember) I visit and I carry the USB drive back... Naturally, this slows down my work process. What I was hoping to do was set up git-annex with the assistant to help me. I am able to run the assistant, but not the webapp on `Machines 1 and 2`. :-( My thought was - as these have to be disconnected network transfers... - `Repository 1 -> Repository 2` (when space permits) - `Repository 2 -> Repository 3` (when space permits) `-> Repository 4` (USB drive(s)) Another limitation is that `Repos/Machines 2 & 3` have limited storage space. As a test case I can set up (`Repo1 -> Repo2`) and (`Repo2 -> Repo3`) (on other machines, but the commands should be the same...) After reading a bit I made a changed [preferred content](/preferred_content/standard_groups/) for a transfer repo to: ``` not (inallgroup=client and copies=client:1) and ($client) ``` i.e. `copies` from `2` to `1`. --- Finally...The question ---------------------- **BUT** I can't work out how to get `Repo1` (the source) to automatically drop the files when they hit `Repo2` (what I'm guessing should be a transfer repository). Can anyone suggest how to automagically do this with the assistant? --- If it would help I can share the git-annex commands I've been using, but as I'm only doing testing up at the moment, I'm happy to start from scratch if there is a RTFM page out there. :-) I've put some details about my thoughts on the repositories and restrictions below. Thanks - Olaf Repository 1 ------------ - Type: source (Data collection) - Human readable directory structure - Physically: Machine 1 - Strict firewall only incoming network connections from Machine 2 - Storage: 50Gb Repository 2 ------------ - Type: transfer - Physically: Machine 2 - Reasonably relaxed firewall, can talk to Repository 3 - Limited storage: 10Gb Repository 3 ------------ - Type: transfer - Pysically: Machine 3 - Reasonably relaxed firewall, can talk to Repository 2 - Limited storage: 10Gb - Connected to USB drive(s) Repository 4, 5, ... -------------------- - Type: ? Client ? - Human readable directory structure - Physically: USB drive - Usually (but not always) connected to machine 3 - Large storage (2Tb) + Additional drives