[[!comment format=mdwn username="https://pradermecker.myopenid.com/" ip="81.244.179.73" subject="Local rsync ssh remote (I am confused)" date="2013-04-13T17:54:06Z" content=""" If I understand this right, it is not possible to use git-annex as a simple wrapper around rsync. My use case is this: I have a music folder on a plug computer running debian squeeze. The plug computer acts as a streaming music server. My wish is to create a local ssh remote to have my laptop git-annex music repo in sync with the plug computer. So ideally I don't want to install git-annex on the plug computer (but git is there so a git bare repo can be used). According to the UI, if I use \"Pairing with a local computer\", both computers needs to have git-annex installed. If I try \"Remote server\" either I need both machines git-annex aware or I need the content of the plug computer to be encrypted (which is obviously not what I want in this case). Is the use case supported by the UI ? Should I try with the CLI ? Thanks for your help """]]